About ATP

A History of Excellence

ATP, Inc. was founded on July 1, 1955 and provides top quality products and outstanding service to its valued customers. From its humble 2,000 square foot facility in Chicago, the company strove to provide aftermarket replacement parts for automatic transmissions. Now Located in Elk Grove, Ill., a suburb of Chicago, ATP has a 92,000 sq. ft. facility that allows for quick order turn and a fill rate consistently over 98 percent.  All sales, cataloging, product management, advertising and merchandising activities are handled internally by the ATP marketing staff. Catalogs and packaging are designed to cross-sell related parts to make the professional service technician’s job easier.

The company first supplied automatic transmission replacement parts and, over the years, has expanded its product offering to include automatic transmission filter kits, repair kits, cables, flywheel and ring gears, cabin air filters and chemicals. In 2001, the Graywerks by ATP line was introduced. This line consists of exhaust manifolds, harmonic balancers, timing covers and engine and transmission pans. In 2014, ATP introduced a new, contemporary logo for its flagship brand, now known as ATP Automotive.

In 2017, the assets of ATP – Inc. have been acquired by The Lodi Group of Monterrey, Mexico. Under new ownership, the company begins operation as Automotive Technology Products LLC (ATP.) The Lodi Group owns manufacturing facilities in North America as well as automotive aftermarket supply companies specializing in powertrain and transmission components.  

Leadership Team

  • Jorge Frias
    President
Recent Posts

Support

 Tech Hotline
Having trouble mid-install?
Call 847.967.6790.
 Distributors
Are you a distributor? Log in!
Distributor Area